1 in stock, immediate despatch
Brand: Baba Tree
Style: Dip Dyed Niariga
Size: 13-14 inches / 33-36 cm
Brand: Baba Tree Company
Homeware: African Shopping Basket
Woven African Nyariga Shopping Baskets
Use as Market Basket, Shopping Basket, Storage Basket, Home Decor Basket. The Baba Tree Basket Companyt specializes in supplying unique, hand woven African baskets that are beautiful and functional. The Nyariga Market basket has been handwoven for style and strength since 2008 by The Baba Tree weavers and is still a firm favourite with customers worldwide. The coil woven at the top of the basket provides extra strength for those days when you might get a little carried away shopping fruit and veg at your local farmer’s market.. no worries! Choose from dip-dyed brights and dreamy colour schemes in a multitude of sizes to suit all your needs!
Dip-Dyed Nyariga Baskets are Loud and Proud! To produce these baskets is very labour intensive and, also, Baba Tree weavers usually lose up to 20% of the baskets in the dyeing process. But it’s all worth it! Once these beauties are finished you just want to pick one up and strut your stuff. Come and get em’ because these baskets want you! Very limited in supply.
Height is measured to the top of the wing and doesn’t include handle. Length is measured from wing to wing. We also take into consideration the size of the basket’s base when determining size. You will see slight variation on sizes due to each basket being individually hand woven.
You can read more about Baba Tree and how the baskets are made in our Blog post.
You will receive the basket in the picture.
- We offer FREE delivery in Mainland UK on orders over a £45.00 ( Antiques & Collectables are excluded)
- Click & Collect at Tiverton Bead and Wool Shop.
- ANTIQUES & COLLECTABLES - Collection in Tiverton ONLY or pre- arranged local delivery
- If for whatever reason, you are not happy with your purchase, please return it to us within 14 days of receipt for full refund or exchange
- Check out full Delivery & Refund information here .